MEET YOUR GUIDE
Joe RomanoPrince William Sound secrets will never truly be understood, but I sure do have a great time trying.
Joe Romano is known to go the extra mile for his clients to ensure your great trip is a trip of a lifetime. With 17 years guiding experience, Joe has a US Coast Guard-approved Captain's license and has spent long hours judging trophies, doing field preparation of trophies, and ensuring each client has a true Alaskan adventure at their own pace. In his free time your guide can be found out hunting, fishing and exploring this magical place called Prince William Sound.
Every precaution is in place to make sure your trip is not only memorable but as safe as possible while out in the field with your guide. Joe is CPR Certified and has Advanced Backcountry Emergency training. Prince William Sound itself is a safe haven from the open sea with large islands that act as break walls from the open water swells in the Gulf of Alaska.
- Iridium satellite phones with extra (charged) batteries are stored on the boat.
- Equipped with two VHF ship to shore radios.
- Life rafts: A ten foot custom Alaskan-made life raft is primarily used for the fishing vessel.
- Life vests are in compliance with coast guard regulations.
- Throw ring, horn and signaling devices
- First aid kits are well stocked are easily located as well as fire extinguishers.
- Preventive maintenance on all engines is done daily.